Thanksgiving is so close we can practically taste it! And as much as we adore the classic turkey and mashed potatoes, we always save room for the most important part of the meal—dessert! With all of the shoots and collaborations we've done over the years, we've been spoiled with ALL of the best Thanksgiving desserts. So, to celebrate this delicious holiday, we're sharing our favorite tasty treats, and a few tips on how to recreate some of them for your Thanksgiving guests.
We all know and love a good pie on Thanksgiving, but have you ever tried a Thanksgiving cake? This stunning cinnamon cake from Sweet Laurel Bakery was the perfect centerpiece at our Friendsgiving a couple years back. Not to mention, it made the most memorably delicious dessert!
Cakes are a great go-to for events like an autumn brunch or a Friendsgiving because they add some variation to a holiday meal often filled with lots of the same classic sweets. And, there's so much more room to get creative with cake toppers! We love the look of dried oranges and delicate gingerbread cookies atop a rustic layered cake for fall. It all comes together to make the perfect unique Thanksgiving dessert!
And if you're wanting to get even more creative with your Thanksgiving treats, try out some sweet and savory cinnamon rolls! These are always a hit for both adults and kids, and they make easy leftovers for the morning-after breakfast. That is, if you have any left!
It's 2021, haven't you heard that waffles aren't just breakfast food anymore? We're still dreaming about these delicious caramel waffles by Sweet Laurel. They're an unexpected twist on a classic treat and would make the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dessert spread. Simply prepare your waffle mix according to the directions, add a crunchy sugar coating, and drizzle warm caramel sauce on top. Bon Appétit!
The best kind of turkeys are chocolate turkeys, and this guy is the Thanksgiving sweet treat your table needs! This delicately crafted creation is guaranteed to make a festive statement before your guests gobble it up! This specific chocolate turkey was made by Harry & David, but just purchase a simple turkey mold and you can easily recreate it yourself!
Is your mouth watering yet? One of our favorite local bakeries, Flouring LA, creates the most original yet sentimentally classic treats for any and all occasions. This year, we collaborated with them on a Thanksgiving pop-up and were lucky enough to taste their Thanksgiving dessert box. Each box is full of delicious fall desserts; perfect for a host/hostess gift or some last minute Thanksgiving treats!
But if you didn't get your hands on a box this year, Flouring LA shared a delectable and super easy Thanksgiving recipe that we're passing on to you! Read on for their soft and chewy pumpkin pie snickerdoodle cookie recipe, made with real pumpkin and coated in cinnamon sugar!
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Total Time: 57 min
Servings: 18 cookies
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- drop gel orange color (optional)
For cinnamon sugar coating:
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt until combined. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar for 1-2 minutes until well combined. Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla extract, then mix in the pumpkin puree stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
5. Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator. Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, making sure to leave a little room between each one.
6. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon for the coating. Roll each ball of cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar coating and place back on the baking sheets.
7. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the cookies are set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now it's time for pie! You didn't think we'd forgotten about the most important Thanksgiving food group, did you? Well, make room on your plate for a few slices of the best Thanksgiving pies we've had the pleasure of devouring!
Nothing beats a crisp homemade apple pie after a hearty Thanksgiving meal! This one in particular is from Haute Chefs LA, however your secret family recipe is probably hot competition! Quick tip: the key to making your pie look extra tasty is by dressing it up with a few warm autumn garnishes like this stunning dried floral spray! There's just something about an embellished Thanksgiving pie display that makes it look even more irresistible!
Everything is cuter when it's mini! We still can't get enough of these mini skillet apple pies we made with our friends at Lauren Conrad! They're the perfect petite Thanksgiving treats that look adorably appetizing on any dessert table. Learn how to recreate them here!
We've got a huge sweet tooth for anything meringue, so it's a must on our Thanksgiving dessert list! The fluffy sticky topping is always a crowd favorite, not to mention it photographs beautifully. Whip up a pie of this variety and you're one step closer to the dreamiest aesthetic Thanksgiving!
If you're not sure where to start with a pie like this, check out this simple meringue pie topping recipe from The Spruce Eats! You'll be cooking up a Thanksgiving classic in no time!
We hear you loud and clear, bring on the pumpkin pie! No Thanksgiving would be complete without this fall dessert staple. Although there are thousands of pumpkin pie recipes out there claiming to be the best, we've narrowed down our favorite here!
Presentation is key to making your pumpkin pie stand out among the rest. We love the idea of switching up the classic whipped cream pie topping for a tiny dollop of meringue! Add a few of these tasty embellishments and voila, you've got the perfectly picturesque Thanksgiving dessert!
We hope you've come to the end of this post feeling hungry and inspired to try out some of these Thanksgiving desserts! We know whatever you decide to whip up this holiday season will be heavenly! Happy Thanksgiving!